Saturday, November 08, 2008

Charlene - I've Never Been To Me

Live version


Man's vocal with beautiful pictures


Dance Remix


Hey lady, you lady
cursing at your life
you are a discontented mother
and a regimented wife
I´ve no doubt
you dream about the things you never do
but I wish someone had talked to me like I want to talk to you

Oh, I have been to Georgia & California & anywhere I could run
Took the hand of a preacher man
and we made love in the sun
But I ran out of places & friendly faces
Because I had to be free
I have been to paradise but I have never been to me...

Please lady please lady
don´t just walk away
Cause I´ve this need to tell you
why I am all alone today
I can see so much of me
still living in your eyes
won´t you share a part
of a weary heart that has lived a million lives

Oh, I have been to Nice & the isle of Greece
when I sipped champagne on a yacht
I moved like Harlo in Monte Carlo
and showed them what I have got
I have been undressed by kings
and I have seen some things that a woman aint s´pose to see
I have been to paradise but I have never been to me...

Hey, you know what paradise is?
It is a lie
a fantasy we created about people & places
as we like them to be
but you know what truth is?
it is that little baby you are holding
and it is that man you fought with this morning
the same one you´re going to make love to tonight
that is truth that is love

sometimes I have been to crying for unborn children
that might´ve made me complete
but I, I took the sweet life
I never knew I would be bitter from the sweet

I spent my life exploring
the subtle whoreing
that cost to much to be free
hey lady I have been to paradise
but I have never been to me...

I have been to paradise but I have never been to me... 



dear fb, i know Paradise simply means Now.  Let's keep looking for Paradise and live at the fullest, shall we? Thank you for being with me now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

of course, live your life to the fullest without regret, for you only live young and beautiful once

FB

My favourite blogs