Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Black Pepper Maniac 黑胡椒狂人


I am a black pepper maniac.  
I love to have very fresh grounded black pepper on almost everything I have: congee, soup, salad, spaghetti, my favorite penne rigate... I even had to ground some on the Tuna Sandwiches I made last week, even i had a few bites already.

When I was a little girl, I was told in Chinese tradition that pepper could help us to reduce unwanted gas in our digest system.  I guess im over-practice this :P

I guess I have the smug faces whenever I ground my very-own black pepper grinder at home.  But it is not a matter of prestige.  I am probably another childish kid who loves to play with the grinder, enjoy the action, the sound made, and seeing different pieces fall into my bowl and smell the freshness of the pepper.

Being adopting natural consume of food intake and beware of detoxification, somehow I have battles within me for I have been an extreme person in my entire life.  Workaholic, blackpepperholic, alcoholic... I do try my best to stay calm and live in slow pace at most of the time.  

The book Fight Club, by my favorite author Palahniuk stated we are living in this modern era with a kitchen full of condiments instead of fresh food.  So true!  When I first got the chance to set my very own first home as a newly wed, i filled my kitchen with lots of of 'new toys' and I got stabbed by the family, cos they adopt fresh food strategy in life and all they can find in my kitchen were instant drinks, instant foods, frozen food, and my museum of western condiments which they hadnt seen before... 

I know I should have better control off those condiments but no matter what, I cant get it out of my little condiment tray.  I did take a good look at my tray and concluded that I can lost all of them, but not my very own personal black pepper grinder, with black pepper always filled in, of cause.  

So, one day if you want to bring me a little gift, this is it :) 
A little personal note in a small card would be a big plus.

"Things that we owned, end up owning us" by Palahniuk.
I am trying my best to practice a free state of mind for not trying to own anything in my life, not anything materistically.  I guess we somehow try to define who we are, by having the materials in life, which isnt healthy style of living.



你一定還未遇過黑胡椒狂人吧!
我就是了:)我幾乎是無黑胡椒不歡的。當然我最享受是在家裡親自為我自己的食物磨上一些香噴噴的黑胡椒。粥湯沙拉粉面類我都不會嫌多。
我的飲食之道是減少調味料,可是既是我能把其它的多扔掉,黑胡椒是少不了了。我也知道不能過量,也只是心血來潮寫來跟大家聊聊罷了。
我是極端的擁護者。我也身受極端的弊處。身為美容顧問我還是提倡大家一定要多喝水,多蔬果,多五穀類,多睡眠,少肉,少調味料,少咖啡因/酒精。



2 comments:

molly said...

我也可以算是一个胡椒狂人。白的,黑的我都喜欢。

Anonymous said...

u can move to Sarawak if you want to...haha ha chooooi...

flyboy

My favourite blogs