Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I am being blackmailed today.

I am being blackmailed today.  Below this passage is a typed version by my family member, I dont get to see and feel the quality of the paper, with or without company logo.  

Maybe I do have poor memory about my past life before I officially left my home country some 9 years ago, but I seriously couldnt convince myself that I did leave with a debt and trying to shake it off by living in other country.  I thought I left only sweet and good memories, apparently Im not, and Im being questioned of myself every few years.  Old issues surface out every few years.

If not mistaken, i could not have been graded for more than RM3,000 credit for a credit card some 10 years ago. So I had used RM3,000 and now raised to RM20k? This sounds too nonsense to me, but it still worries me because:

1) I cant be 100% sure that I do not have any personal info with this bank, even it was known as a merged bank some 10yrs ago.

2) Although the payment method looks serious, only the bank can accept such a money, but it still looks suspicious=such a big amount I expect I get a formal legal letter, instead of being threadterned for collectors to my parents home.
 

I suspect it is spam due to following reasons:

1) I dont see my personal IC#, it doesnt look formal to me.

2) The contact person do not have a surname

3) Both email address do not look formal to me.

I will verify this address personally in my upcoming trip to KL. Your opinions are very much appreciated.

Thank you!

**


Sxxxxx SOLUTION SDN BHD (590xxx-N)

Date: 11/03/2009

-my full name-
-my home address-


STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

RE : CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT NO: 06-0101-5-xxxxx-x


We are acting on behalf of Axxxxx (M) BERHAD. Our client states that your account is overdue and you are requested to make payment of RM 19,767.65 as at 31-01-2009 immediately to us. All cheque’s must be mailed to the above in favour of Axxxxx (M) BERHAD (account payee only). Take notice that if payment is not received within 14 days from this date hereof, Axxxxx (M) BERHAD and our Company will take necessary action to recover the total debt due from you. Such action will include collector’s visits both to your house and office, legal action and all such recourse available to them and to us in law. Under the terms and conditions you would be liable for all expenses, costs and disbursements incurred including accumulating interest until full settlement. This matter will be pursued until settlement and will include bankruptcy proceedings s the case may be.

To avoid unnecessary costs and expenses we suggest you contact us immediately with a view to settlement.

Please ignore this notice if payment has been made. Thank you.

Officer in Charge: Ms. Lisa

Contact No: 03-4026xxxx / 019-384xxxx / 013-397xxxx

Facsimile: 03-4023xxxx
E-mail: securxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk


Sxxxxxxxxxx Solution Sdn Bhd
No. xx, Jalan xxx
Off Jalan Pahang Barat
Pekeliling Business Centre
53300 Kuala Lumpur
03-4026 xxxx (General)
03-4023 xxxx (Fax)
secxxxxx@streamyx.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a fradulent company

to find out there are several ways
1) identify the company
- do a company search which cost RM60++
- call telekom Malaysian, 103 and ascertain the owner of the telephone number
- surf the net and find info about this debt collector
- contact the bank it suppose to work for

2) go to the bank with you researched info and insist on seeing applications of the credit card, signature samples etc

identify the merchants and see who they are. I came across a case where a stolen card was used on non-existent merchant, hitting like 5 times a day

3) lodge a police report, although won't do much good, more of a deterrent thingy

can talk more if I see the stuff, drop me email for earlier than agreed appointment?

flyboy

** OUT OF TRACK 思 想 出 軌 ** said...

Million Thanks, FB.

I think so too. But my family has been worrying and that is worrying me too :(

My brother and a friend of mine have verified for me with the banker and toll-free line respectively for there isnt such an account exists. We are certain the given account# listed in the letter couldnt be a credit card#.

I guess I should just keep it as it is and not waste my very short holiday to spend in police station/visit the address.

Anonymous said...

then send'em a F-U note instead of a IOU note

FB

My favourite blogs